To Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Eat fresh whenever possible or purchase low sodium or no salt added products.
- Use spices, as well as lemons and vinegar to flavor your food instead of using salt and prepared condiments.
- Reduce your intake of cured foods (bacon and ham) as well as brined foods (olives and pickles).
- Decrease your reliance on prepared foods, frozen dinners, pizza and packaged mixes.
- Limit alcohol consumption (less than 2 drinks per day for men and less than 1 drink per day for women).
Recommended Reading To Lower Blood Pressure
If you want to lower your blood pressure without prescription drugs, this book "The Blood Pressure Cure" will show you how you can lower your blood pressure in 8 weeks. This well-written, concise book by best selling author Robert Kowalski is a must-read for every person suffering from or treating high blood pressure.
To Lower Your Cholesterol
- Prepare foods by grilling, baking, broiling, stewing and pan sauteing.
- Choose lean cuts of meat and trim all visible fat and limit your intake to 6 ounces per day.
- Use low-fat dairy products (skim milk, 1% cottage cheese and non-fat yogurt).
- Choose healthy fats such as olive or canola oil.
- Limit prepared baked goods, snack crackers and chips.
Recommended Reading To Lower Cholesterol
Another must read by best selling author Robert E. Kowalski. "The New 8-Week Cholesterol Cure" was devised by the author for his own medical problem when all else failed. Robert E. Kowalski has been a medical journalist for more than thirty-five years.